It’s thanksgiving! Now we know that this is an American holiday and whilst we predominantly focus on the UK we know we have lots of followers over in the US. We thought we would share with you a great home made Thanksgiving dog treat recipe that we whipped up for a Halloween treat, but is also great for thanksgiving or just a lovely autumnal treat! It is also super easy to make so no excuses!
What you’ll need
1 cup Pumpkin puree
1 cup Natural unsweetened yoghurt
Ice cube tray
Yes that really is all you need!
The reason we used cups is that you just need equal amounts of puree to yoghurt. We have cup measuring spoons so it’s the easiest option. If you don’t have this you could just spoon out the same number of each, it will just take a bit longer!
- Open the can on pumpkin puree
- Measure out 1 cup of yogurt and put in bowl
- Measure out 1 cup of pumpkin puree and put in bowl
4. Mix the pumpkin puree and yogurt together
5. Spoon the mixture out in to your ice cube tray
6. Put the filled ice cube tray in the freezer for at least four hours.
7. Give as a treat to your pup!
Remember this is a treat and should be given to your dog as such. Always ensure you have plenty of water available to your dog.
You can view some of our older recipes here. Have you got a recipe you’d like to share with us or some pictures of a recipe you’ve tried? Share them with us!